Apply for an IET Future Talent Award and get financial support whilst studying for your apprenticeship.
We want to help and support people from all backgrounds onto the engineering career ladder and recognise the importance of a strong first start. We realise every individual has very different experiences and opportunities and sometimes these can be barriers to pursuing a career in engineering.
That’s why we’re offering Launch Scholarships to students who have faced financial challenges or personal obstacles and Boost Scholarships for high-achieving students and degree apprentices who have achieved 70% or above at the end of their second year* and who have a passion for engineering.
Why should I apply for an IET Future Talent Award?
– For a Launch Scholarship you’ll receive £1,500 per year for the duration of your degree course and you can apply in any year of study so you can access funding even if you’ve already started.
– For a Boost Scholarship you’ll receive £1,500 per year in your final one or two years of study which can help with those additional costs at University.
– Free IET student membership during your course (if not provided by your university)
– Opportunities to network with other engineers through our Local Networks
– Professional Development support and access to Career Manager
– Accessing the IET ambassadorial programmes and inspiring young people to pursue engineering studies and STEM careers.
Both Scholarships are open to UK residents, and you can be a full or part time student. Take a look at the website and check out the applicant criteria to make sure you’re eligible.
Applications close 6 October 2022, so make sure you submit your application by then.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for our scheme or anything else, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Focus more on your future, less on your finances. Apply today
*Scottish students can apply at the end of their third year